Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino 2011
- Varietal: 100% Sangiovese
- Region: Tuscany
- Vineyards: Estate vineyards on the southern hills of Montalcino. The grapes are grown in stony, calcareous and well-structured soil at an altitude of 720 feet above sea level
- Winemaking: A meticulous grape selection is followed by vinification with skin contact for 10-12 days. Released in the 5th year after harvest, the wine is aged for a minimum of 4 years, including 2 years in oak barrels of various sizes, mainly French oak barriques and partly in Slavonian oak casks.
- Tasting Notes: Color: Intense ruby red with garnet reflections. Bouquet: Ethereal, violet, vanilla with hints of licorice. Taste: Full, soft, velvety, with traces of spice.
- Food Pairing Perfect with red meats, wild game and aged cheeses.