Castello Banfi Poggio alle Mura Riserva 2010
- Varietal: 100% Sangiovese
- Region: Tuscany
- Vineyards:¬†Dedicated vineyards sloping down from the historic Poggio alle¬†Mura Castle crowning the Banfi estate. They chose this area, particularly suited to growing¬†Sangiovese, to plant the first vineyard resulting from over a decade of research to isolate the optimal selection of clones to produce consistently outstanding Brunello di¬†Montalcino. The vines were planted in 1992.
- Winemaking:¬†The grape harvest is followed by a maceration of 12-14 days. Temperature-controlled alcoholic fermentation (27-29¬∞C) takes place in the Horizon hybrid stainless steel and wood tanks. 90% of the wine is aged for 2 years in French oak¬†barriques and the remaining 10% in large casks. Before release, the wine is bottle-aged for an additional 12 months.
- Tasting Notes:¬†Color: deep ruby red with garnet reflections. Bouquet: rich and¬†ample, with hints of prune jam, coffee, cacao and a light balsamic note. Taste: full¬†and powerful, with ripe and gentle tannins making it velvety and harmonious.
- Food Pairing:¬†This wine is particularly suited to accompany red meat, savory game and aged cheeses. It is a meditation wine.
This is an allocate item. ¬†There is a limited quantity, while supplies last.