Castello Banfi Poggio alle Mura Riserva 2010
- Varietal: 100% Sangiovese
- Region: Tuscany
- Vineyards: Dedicated vineyards sloping down from the historic Poggio alle Mura Castle crowning the Banfi estate. They chose this area, particularly suited to growing Sangiovese, to plant the first vineyard resulting from over a decade of research to isolate the optimal selection of clones to produce consistently outstanding Brunello di Montalcino. The vines were planted in 1992.
- Winemaking: The grape harvest is followed by a maceration of 12-14 days. Temperature-controlled alcoholic fermentation (27-29°C) takes place in the Horizon hybrid stainless steel and wood tanks. 90% of the wine is aged for 2 years in French oak barriques and the remaining 10% in large casks. Before release, the wine is bottle-aged for an additional 12 months.
- Tasting Notes: Color: deep ruby red with garnet reflections. Bouquet: rich and ample, with hints of prune jam, coffee, cacao and a light balsamic note. Taste: full and powerful, with ripe and gentle tannins making it velvety and harmonious.
- Food Pairing: This wine is particularly suited to accompany red meat, savory game and aged cheeses. It is a meditation wine.
This is an allocate item. There is a limited quantity, while supplies last.