Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve Single Malt Scotch Whisky

$179.99

Out of stock

Out of stock

 

Description

Dalmore distillery was established in 1839 and is located in the village of Alness, Scotland. It was astablished by Alexander Matheson, who was an illegal opium smuggler, and then bought by the MacKenzie family in 1886. According to the legend, King Alexander III was saved by the MacKenzie predecessor form the boisterous stag, and as a reward, allowed him to bear the Royal emblem of a 12-pointed stag in his coat of arms. Now every bottle of Dalmore whisky is decorated with the image of the stag from the clan crest. Dalmore whisky is considered to be one of the best Highland malts, and has won numerous prizes and awards. It utilizes uniquely shaped pots and stills, as well as the water from the river Alness, that runs through the village, all of which contributes to the great flavor of this whisky.

Dalmore Cigar Malt was crafted with several Dalmore whiskys of different ages by Richard Paterson, with about 70% from oloroso sherry butts and remaining 30% from American oak bourbon casks. Even though there is no age statement on the bottle, a significant proportion of this whisky consists of malts of quite advanced age. It was specifically created to complement the experience of smoking a cigar, which it does quite brilliantly!

NOSE: Typical orange blossom honey, old sherry, dried cherries.

PALATE: Medium bodied, notes of orange, cherry, sweet sherry.

FINISH: Long, buttery smooth, notes of oak and dried fruit.

Additional information

Weight 48 oz
Dimensions 5 × 5 × 15 in